Diane de Mesa is a singer/songwriter, independent music artist and lead vocalist from Northern California Bay Area.
Born in the Philippines, she migrated to the United States with her family in her teenage years. Diane discovered her talent for writing songs at the age of 7. She can easily create melodies in her head and using the voice memo app in her phone to remember acapella tunes, she has written over a thousand songs as well as poems. Diane has performed in choir concerts, local Filipino concerts, open mics, talent showcases, and live bands. By profession, Diane is a Registered Nurse (RN) but continues to pursue her passion and love for music.
Tagged as the "Princess of love songs" in the Philippines by the renowned broadcaster, Andy Verde, Diane has a Youtube channel where she uploads her covers and original songs in YouTube, (http://www.youtube.com/msdianeg) and gained followers from all over the world. It also showcased her collaborations with various musicians from across the globe. Diane also mixes and edits her own audio recordings and videos and truly is hands-on in her music. Diane has released her original albums "Fly Away" (2011), acoustic covers album “Heartstrings” (2013), "Only for you" (2016), "With love" (2019), and "My Everything" (2022).
In 2014, Diane became the lead vocalist for the acoustic band, "Diane de Mesa and the LSS Sessionists" together with her bandmates, Greg Felix & Audy Felix. The band regularly performs in the California Bay Area live music scene.
In 2020, Diane entered the world of broadcasting as DJ Diane via PinoyOnline Radio. Aside from sharing her music, she also showcased and guested other indie artists' talents and artistry worldwide. She also produced, organized, and hosted various Lockdown Concerts such as "Independence Day Lockdown Concert 2020" co-organized with Milpitas Councilwoman, Ms. Evelyn Chua, "FASAE Lockdown
Concert", and Christmas Caroling Virtual Concert with Filipino-American organizations in the Bay Area, California namely the Filipino-American Society of Architects and Engineers (FASAE), Filipino-American Chamber of Commerce of the Silicon Valley (FACCSV), and Filipino-American Real Estate Professionals Association (FAREPA). All of these events featured the virtual performances of herself and other artists/musicians worldwide during the pandemic.
In December 2020, Diane was awarded the "International Multimedia Talent of the Year" by the renowned and prestigious ALIW Awards
Foundation in the Philippines.
In October 2021, Diane was awarded the "Outstanding Global Multi-Artist" by PMPC Star Awards for Music. And in December 2021, she was also awarded "International Artistic Excellence" by the prestigious FAMAS (Filipino Academy of Movie and Sciences, Inc. )
Diane also created her own Multimedia station, called the DDM Music Studios - DDM Studio Live! (for live radio broadcasts), DDM Studio INTERNATIONAL (for livestream radio and TV events stretching from US to Philippines to worldwide), and DDM
Studio PRODUCTIONS (for music, recording, and music video editing, etc.) teaming up with the Supremo Records & Music Productions, MVV Booking and Talent Center, and ATC/ International and BEAM TV and radio online channels.
• Genre: Pop, Rock, Acoustic, Singer- songwriter
• Music Influences: Mariah Carey, Regine Velasquez,
Angeline Quinto, Juris, Yeng Constantino, Gary Valenciano
• Albums: “Fly Away” (2011), “Heartstrings” (2013),
“Only for you” (2016), “With Love” (2019), "My Everything"
Press / Honors / Notable Events
• (March 2022) Released 5th album "My everything" which contains 13 original tracks written by Diane, with "Palalayain S'ya" as her first single.
- Special guest at Net25 "Letters & Music" on-air and online for the 3rd time.
- Virtual Birthday Concert via Facebook live, sponsored by Kissed by Nature, El Gem Frangrances, Candle & Co. PH, and DDM Studio Live.
• (February 2022) Diane de Mesa's FLY AWAY album reaches 1 MILLION streams on Spotify!
• (December 2021) Spotify for Artists report Diane de Mesa's music reached 142.2K streams for 2021
in 100 countries!
- Awarded the "International Artistic Excellence" by the prestigious FAMAS (Filipino Academy of Movie and Sciences, Inc. )
- Received a "Golden Star Award" from ATC International.
• (October 2021) Co-directed and performed at the 1st Aaliwin Kita Virtual Concert 2021 by the ALIW Awards Foundation, Inc., co-produced by DDM Studio International.
- Received recognition from the PMPC Star Awards for Music for the "Outstanding Global Multi-Artist" award.
• (September 2021) Received 9 nominations for the 34th AWIT AWARDS for 5 original song entries - for "Akala ko" Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist, Song of the Year, Best Global Recording Award, and Best Ballad Recording, for "Kung Iwanan ka" Best Pop Recording, for "Parang Baliw" Best Rock/Alternative Recording, for "Your healing hands" Best Inspirational Recording, and for "Tuloy-tuloy pa rin ang Pasko" Best Christmas Recording and Best Music Video.
• (August 2021) TFC TV special guest for Barangayan with Gelo sponsored by Weee!
- Released a single, "The flame" cover version, original by Cheap Trick, featuring her band the LSS Sessionists.
- Premiered new talk show with Jordan Perpetua, "Ang Sinaunang Mundo" which talks about the bizaare, paranormal and unexplained events that broadcasts via Facebook live - DDM Studio Live, ATC, and JNC pages.
• (June 2021) Special guest for the Philippine
Independence Day Virtual Concert
hosted and organized by "Tinig Pinoy Radio" based in Ontario, Canada.
• (May 2021) Diane released new original single for
Mother's Day, "Sa hele ni Nanay" dedicated to all
the mothers and their children.
• (April 2021) "Balang araw" single duet with Emping reached 1 MILLION views in Facebook, making this Diane’s 4th original video with millions of views together with "Your healing hands (tribute to frontliners), “Akala ko” (1 Million
views), & “Miss na miss kita” (3.3 Million views).
Official Music Video directed by Jon Dave Lepatan,
featuring other actors in the video, collaboration
from US to Cebu, Philippines.
- Diane became part of PMPC's (Philippine Move
Press Club, Inc.) "Awit sa Pandemya" Benefit Concert together with other well-known OPM artists.
- After the pandemic hiatus, resumed "Acoustic Live
Session" jamming with her band , the LSS
Sessionists for a monthly special via Facebook Live.
Her band the LSS Sessionists welcomed their new
member, Jason Marrero on bass.
• (March 2021) Diane had her "Greatest Hits Birthday Virtual Concert" via Facebook live. Special guest artists rendered their versions of Diane's original hit
songs. Diane also produced her weekly schedule for her programs, "DDM Studio Live: Notes from the heart" as DJ Diane, and "Balintataw" a talk show discussing paranormal and bizarre events together with Feng Shui expert and psychic consultant, Madam Venus and Health advocate for scientific facts, Jordan Perpetua. Both programs air simultaneously via DDM Studio Live and Best TV Facebook pages.
- Diane released her duet single,"Balang araw" with Emping.
• (February 2021) DDM Studio International produced the 33rd Aliw Awards Post-production presentation via Facebook Live in cooperation with the ALIW Awards Foundation, and co-hosted with Aliw board of trustee, Birdie Reyes III.
- Diane’s Youtube channel reached 12 MILLION views.
• (Jan. 2021) Diane created her own Multimedia station, called the DDM Music Studios - DDM Studio Live (for live radio broadcasts), DDM Studio INTERNATIONAL (for livestream radio and TV events stretching from US to Philippines to worldwide), and DDM Studio PRODUCTIONS (for music, recording, and music video editing, etc).
• (Dec. 2020) Diane was awarded the "International Multimedia Talent of the Year" by the renowned and prestigious ALIW Awards Foundation in the Philippines.
- Featured in Best Magazine, Philippines.
- Spotify for Artists report Diane de Mesa's music reached 195.2K streams for 2020 in 81 countries!
- Hosted and organized another lockdown virtual event, the
"Christmas Caroling concert" in cooperation with FASAE (Filipino-American Society of Architects and Engineers)
and Milpitas councilwoman, Ms. Evelyn Chua.
- Endorsed "Seacret" minerals from Dead Sea skincare beauty products.
- TFC TV Zoom guesting with Gelo on Barangay USA sponsored by McDonalds as tribute to frontliners.
• (November 2020) Diane released her Christmas pandemic single, "Tuloy-tuloy pa rin and Pasko" with the official music video featuring clips from other musicians/ artists.
• (October 2020) Hosted and organized "Virtual Open Mic” featuring guest artists via Facebook Live.
• (September 2020) Hosted and organized the FASAE Lockdown Concert to honor the dedication of "Engineers, Architects, and laborers" working during the pandemic, in cooperation with FASAE (Filipino-American Society of
Architects and Engineers) and Milpitas councilwoman, Ms.
- Guestings in Kumu for "Realtalk with friends", "Wow it’s showbiz" with press and media from the Philippines.
• (July 2020) “Your healing hands” (single dedicated to frontliners) reached 1 MILLION views in Facebook, making this Diane’s 3rd original video with millions of views on Facebook (together with “Akala ko” (1 Million
views), “Miss na miss kita” (3.3 Million views).
- Diane’s Youtube channel reached 11 Million views.
• (June 12, 2020) Hosted, co-organized and performed in the 2020 Lockdown Concert that celebrated Philippine Independence Day, participated with 50+ artists and musicians around the globe.
• (May 20, 2020) Diane de Mesa made a debut on broadcasting via Pinoy Online Radio as DJ Diane for “Heart to heart: Love notes and dedications” that airs on Facebook Live.
- TFC TV Zoom guesting with Gelo on Barangay USA.
• (April 2020) Released original single, “Your healing hands”
dedicated to fellow frontliners working during the pandemic.
- “Akala ko” reached 1 Million views on Facebook.
• (March 1, 2020) Guested and featured in NBC Bay Area for “Asian Pacific America” with Robert Handa with her band, the LSS Sessionists; Broadcasted in NBC Bay Area Channel 11 and Comcast Channel 186.
• (February 27, 2020) Guested in Tee Radio via Skype in Facebook live with DJ “Lamon Queen”.
- Diane de Mesa released new single, “Akala ko” and the official music video was shot in the Philippines during her album/radio/tv tour.
• (February 2020) Diane de Mesa debuts as a songwriter for Mika Gorospe’s 1st single, “Mahal, Paalam na” under GMA Music.
• (January 2020) Radio/TV Tour in the Philippines and promoted albums in radio/TV programs such as Euro TV, “The Stage is yours” hosted by Alex Datu, Radyo Inquirer “Wow it’s showbiz”, V81 Radio, Subic radio, and DWBL “Sama- sama salo-salo”.
- Guested and featured in “DZRH with Love” and “Karaoke Express” hosted by Andy Verde.
- Performed in Net25 “Letters & Music” broacasted live in Net25 TV channel.
- Performed in Wish 107.5 wishbus in Bonifacio Shrine, Manila.
- Performed in RJ Bistro Bravo Executive Lounge in Dusit Thani
Hotel, Makati as a special guest, broadcasted in RJTV and Facebook live.
- Performed at the 11th PMPC Star Awards for Music primer
show broadcasted in PTV channel.
- Held “Meet and greet the Press” in Music Box Timog with various interviews and writeups from the media/press.
• (Oct. 2019) Sang the Philippine National Anthem and performed with her band at the Flag-Raising Ceremony for Filipino Heritage Month in Milpitas, California.
• Has 24,000 Likers and Followers in Facebook page (facebook.com/ dianedemesamusic).
• (2019) Judge for “Himig ng Boses” Smule singing contest via Facebook.
• (March 2019) Endorser of Amazing Skin Wellness Beauty Spa in Union City, California.
• (February 2019) Released her 4th album, "With love" with 13 all-original song compositions.
• (October 2018) Premiered the monthly special “Acoustic Live Sessions” with her band, the LSS Sessionists that feature local artists in the Bay Area, California via Facebook live.
- Special guest for the well-known OPM band, Introvoys in Union City, CA Thanksgiving Concert.
• (2018) Tagged as “Princess of Love Songs” by the renowned broadcaster, Andy Verde.
- Featured in Liwayway Magazine, Philippines, September 2018 issue.
• (2017) Featured in Women’s Journal, Philippines, October 2017 issue.
- “Miss na miss kita” and her other original songs have received radio airplays in various FM radio stations in the Philippines such as Star FM Manila, Energy FM Manila, DZRH, and online radio stations worldwide such as Tee Radio, Raydio Filipino, PnoyFM Radio Tokyo, FIA Radio (Filipino Indie Artist), PinoyOnlineRadio, Kiss FM Kilig, and many more.
- Featured in various TV shows in the Philippines, ABS- CBN/TFC shows such as ASAP, TV Patrol, and TFC Connect, Barangay USA segments.
• (2016) Winner of the "Female Artist of the Year 2015" category nominated for by Star Central Magazine (based in Australia). • (March 2016) Featured in Star Central Magazine (Australia) as "Female Artist of the Year 2015” winner.
- “Miss na miss kita” official music video on Facebook
reached 3.3 Million views.
- "Only for you" album launch with her band in Sunnyvale,
• (January 2016) Released her 3rd album, “Only for you” with 17 original tracks all written by Diane.
• (2014) Became the lead vocalist for the acoustic band, "Diane de Mesa and the LSS Sessionists" together with her bandmates, seasoned sessionists Greg Felix and Audy Felix.
• (May 2013) Released her 2nd album, “Heartstrings” with Diane's acoustic renditions to her favorite love songs.
• (March 2011) Released her self-produced debut album, “Fly Away”with 12 original tracks all written by Diane.
• (November 2009) Started a Youtube channel to showcase and upload her cover videos and original songs. Her Youtube channel currently has 20,000 subscribers with over 12 million lifetime views.
• (2009) Winner of the Kris Farrow Acoustic Guitar Karaoke Contest based in Texas, USA in her rendition of "Silent night"
- Recorded lead vocals for the Kris Farrow Acoustic Guitar Karaoke Demonstration Versions album on iTunes via Triple Pop Productions. Her vocals as demo for the instrumental tracks, "The Climb" and "Butterfly fly away" by Miley Cyrus, "Magic" and "Realize" by Colbie Caillat, and "Today was a fairytale" by Taylor Swift.
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dianedemesamusic
• Instagram: @msdianeg
• Twitter: @msdianeg
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/msdianeg